Thesis proposals for 2016-2017
With the growing number of electronic devices around us we cannot ignore the need for cross-device interaction. It is time to investigate the potential of existing interaction techniques and come up with a flexible and extensible way to allow all our devices to communicate with each other.
- Towards Rapid Prototyping of Cross-Device Interaction (AVAILABLE)
- Usability Extensions for the INFEX Information Exchange Framework (TAKEN)
Cross-Media Information Spaces and Architectures
We investigate conceptual models and architectures for the representation and integration of information across media boundaries. It is time to question existing document formats which are very much based on the simulation of paper on static desktop computers and to come up with innovative information concepts for the representation of open and fluid cross-media "documents".
Different research topics and projects of WISE are related to Mobile 2.0 learning.
- Technological Infrastructure for the Personalized Delivery of Learning Activities in a Mobile 2.0 Environment (TAKEN)
- Authoring Environment for Casual Users to Steer the Personalized Delivery of Learning Activities in a Mobile 2.0 Environment
- Learning Analytic Module for Personalized Learning Activities in a Mobile 2.0 Environment (AVAILABLE)
MindXpres - An Extensible Content-driven Cross-Media Presentation Tool
- Rich Media Plug-in(s) for the MindXpres Presentation Tool (TAKEN)
- Pen and Paper for Next Generation Presentation Tools (AVAILABLE)
Personal Cross-media Information Management
On a daily basis users struggle to organse and re-find their stored documents, photos or emails. Personal Cross-Media Information Management investigates the opportunities to provide the user with an alternative to the Desktop Metaphor where we step away from the file hierarchies used to store our information. Our cross-media PIM system is a solution which unifies all organisational structures such as email, bookmark and file hierarchies but also the physical classification structures such as bookshelves or piles of papers on the desk.
- Re-finding My Documents Was Never So Easy! (AVAILABLE)
- Investigating Collaborative Personal Information Management (AVAILABLE)
With more than 30 million PowerPoint presentations that are created every single day, we cannot ignore the widespread and heavy use of slideware presentations in domains such as education or business. Within WISE various projects revolve around the domain of presentation tools and their related aspects.
The purpose of this research topic is to perform research on development methods for serious games, which are games used for training, advertising, simulation, or education.
The goal of the development methods is to ease the development of serious games and to allow for a greater involvement of the different stakeholders during the development process.
We also investigate adaptativity (i.e., dynamic adaptation) for serious games. which has the aim to adapt a serious games to different characteristics of the player as well as to the performance of the player.
Furthermore, we investigate how non-player characters can be made more relalistic in their behavior and interaction.
- A Generic Data Collection Framework for the Debriefing of Serious Games (AVAILABLE)
- ATTAC-L 4 ATTAC-L: A Visual Tool for Specifying the Domain Vocabulary for a Domain-Specific Modeling Language (AVAILABLE)
- Extending ATTAC-L to support code generation for serious games (AVAILABLE)
- Extending the ATTAC-L game simulator to support different serious game domains (AVAILABLE)
User Experience (UX) Strategy
- UX Strategy: UX metrics, organizational efficiencies and business goals (TAKEN)
- UX Strategy: assessing the risk of UX strategy plans (TAKEN)