The following topics are covered in the course:
- Princples of ontologies and information systems
- Methods for ontology-design and management. Aligning and normalising data models.
- First-order logic reminders, declarative semantics in the context of information systems
- Generic architectures of information systems.
- Annotating data-sources with ontologies. The role of metadata.
- Collaborative construction of a semantics model for a given domain.
- Querying enterprise data through web services and via the Semantic Web.
- Applying the acquired knowledge by designing an ontology-prototype, using semantic-based collaborative tools, for a commonly application domain.